Pancakes at the Parsonage!
Pastor Annette is serving up her world-famous pancakes, Sunday March 3rd, 5:00-7:00 PM. A free will offering for the Windows and Doors fund will be taken.
Saturday, March 9th, 8:30 AM, join us for a Men’s Breakfast and fellowship time. We’ll meet in Fellowship hall. Bring a dish to share if you’re able.
5th Thursday at the Food Pantry
On Thursday, May 30th, at 5:00 PM, join our volunteer crew at the Warrenville Food Pantry. Newbies welcome, it’s fun and with a quick training you’re ready to go.
Inclement Weather Procedures
It’s that time of year again, and winter has made an early appearance. In the case of bad weather or hazardous conditions, the most important thing is for everyone to be safe. Please do not travel to CBC for worship services or activities if you feel that doing so would be unsafe.
CBC facilities will close and activities will be cancelled if the following conditions exist:
- Severe weather warnings have been issued by the National Weather Service for conditions such as snow, ice, tornado, flood, wind chill, extreme heat
- Significant power outages in the area or at church facilities
- State of emergency declared by local, state or federal government
For Sunday School, Sunday Worship and mid-week services such as Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, etc., the Coordination Team will communicate closings and cancellations as follows:
- An announcement in two spots on the website: on the homepage as an “Event” and right here on The Buzz
- An announcement through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CBCWarrenvilleIL/
- An announcement on the CBC office voicemail: 630-393-9609
- A Coordination Team member will make every effort to telephone or email each CBC member that has provided contact information
Evening activities (e.g., Choir Practice, Youth Group, Ministry meetings, etc.) at church will be cancelled at the discretion of the person in charge or leading the activity. That same person is responsible for contacting participants.
Ongoing Food & Toiletries Drive
The Missions Team is sponsoring a food drive for the Warrenville Food Pantry on the first Sunday of each month. Donation of non-perishable food items are welcome. Most needed are canned vegetables, chunky soups, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, and mayonnaise. All types of toiletries are also in high demand – toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo, diapers of all sizes, and toilet paper. Collection box is located by the coat racks.
Food Pantry Volunteers
Volunteers are needed for the community food pantry at Immanuel Presbyterian Church on Batavia Rd in Warrenville. Workers are needed when the pantry is open on Tuesday mornings, Thursday evenings, and Sunday afternoons, as well as for food rescue and shelving on Friday and Saturday mornings. To volunteer, or for more information, please contact Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org.