Inclement Weather Procedures
It’s that time of year again, when sometimes it’s just better to stay home. In the case of bad weather or hazardous conditions, the most important thing is for everyone to be safe. Please do not travel to the CBC for worship services or activities if you feel that doing so would be unsafe.
CBC facilities will close and activities will be cancelled if the following conditions exist:
- Severe weather warnings have been issued by the National Weather Service for conditions such as snow, ice, tornado, flood, wind chill, extreme heat
- Significant power outages in the area or at church facilities
- State of emergency declared by local, state or federal government
For Sunday School, Sunday Worship and mid-week services such as Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, etc., the Coordination Team will communicate closings and cancellations as follows:
- An announcement right here on The Buzz, as well as an “event” which will appear on our home page.
- An announcement through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CBCWarrenvilleIL/
- An announcement on the CBC office voicemail: 630-393-9609
- A Coordination Team member will make every effort to telephone or email each CBC member that has provided contact information
Evening activities (e.g., Choir Practice, Youth Group, Ministry meetings, etc.) at church will be cancelled at the discretion of the person in charge or leading the activity. That same person is responsible for contacting participants.
Christmas Offering – Puerto Rico Hurricane Recovery
This year’s Christmas offering will benefit Puerto Rico hurricane recovery through One Great Hour of Sharing. Please give generously.
Ongoing Food & Toiletries Drive
The Missions Team is sponsoring a food drive for the Warrenville Food Pantry on the first Sunday of each month. Donation of non-perishable food items are welcome. Most needed are canned vegetables, chunky soups, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, and mayonnaise. All types of toiletries are also in high demand – toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo, diapers of all sizes, and toilet paper. Collection box is located by the coat racks.
Food Pantry Volunteers
Volunteers are needed for the community food pantry at Immanuel Presbyterian Church on Batavia Rd in Warrenville. Workers are needed when the pantry is open on Tuesday mornings, Thursday evenings, and Sunday afternoons, as well as for food rescue and shelving on Friday and Saturday mornings. To volunteer, or for more information, please contact Deanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.