Our Guiding Principles for Christian Education
Our Christian Education program is designed to bring the message of God’s love to all ages. All classes and activities are free of charge and open to non-members as well as members.
Guiding Principles for our Children and Youth Sunday School curriculum
Taught by volunteers from our church family, the following statements are the guiding principles for the theological grounding of our curriculum:
- God’s love is our central message.
- We follow Christ who exemplifies God’s love for all.
- God is bigger than any name or pronoun we use. We can perceive God in numerous ways.
- The Bible is central to our faith and relevant to our lives.
- We can take the Bible seriously without taking everything literally.
- We need God’s guidance because we are human and sometimes fail.
- God calls us to be a community of faith, worship, and mutual support.
- Given these underlying principles, we accept a diversity of interpretations that call us to love, compassion, justice, and humility.
A variety of activities and teaching methods are used that honor children’s questions, imaginations, and learning styles.